Sunday, September 29, 2013

This will cheer you up.

Been feeling that end-of-summer slump lately? Or did you just click here so that you could take a break from reading tweets about how the pumpkin spice latte is back at Starbucks?

Either way, welcome.

Actually, no. If you're one of those pumpkin spice latte types, I must ask you to leave. This is a salted caramel latte blog. Always has been, always will be.

Now that we're alone, my caramel-loving compadres, I'd like a share with you a little list of things that make me happy. In the hopes that they'll keep you going through the cold, dark months ahead.

1. Remembering that Kermit the Frog rides a bike, sometimes.


2. The face that Jim Broadbent made as Professor Slughorn.


3. Amy Poehler's impression of Tim Gunn


4. Amy Poehler's Cockney accent


5. Amy Poehler.


6. Baby overalls


Babies in overalls are cute as crap. Lately I've been on the prowl for overalls because my sister is about to have a baby and this is my moment, dammit. But it appears that baby overalls, like baby bonnets, have fallen out of fashion.

Frankly, I find this lack of overalls disturbing. (So does Darth Vader, amiright?) I'm of the opinion that a baby should have overalls for all occasions.

Side note: "Overalls for All Occasions" would be a good way to describe my wardrobe choices from ages 5-8. Osh Kosh B'Gosh made good money on my childhood.

7. Chummy from "Call The Midwife"


Run, don't walk to your nearest Netflix and start watching "Call The Midwife." Especially if you like Downton Abbey. It's Downton Abbey with babies. I don't think I need to go on.

8. Velvety blankets that are always the second layer of bedding at a hotel

You know which blanket I'm talking about. It's not the disgusting lumpy upper comforter. It's not the ratty bed runner that runs along the foot of the bed. It's not the thin, white, almost-blanket that covers the actual sheet. It's the sweet, sweet, blanket in the middle.

And it's always forest green. Regardless of hotel color schemes.

9. Ralph Wiggum


10. Garfield Minus Garfield


Garfield Minus Garfield is essentially a blog that erases Garfield from every comic and leaves you with a bleak look into what Jon Arbuckle's life would look like without Garfield.

When I was about 12 I saved up my summer reading points and got a three-pack of Garfield comic books all squished into one mega-book. After dropping said book in the bathtub, I lovingly dried it out on a towel rack. Then I continued reading that soggy, wrinkly mess for about 6 years.

So, yeah. I had a weird Garfield obsession for a while there. Trust me when I say that Jon Arbuckle is one of the saddest cartoon characters in existence. And it's hilarious.

11. Behind-The Scenes Harry Potter gifs





See? I'm feeling better already. I might even be ready to forgive the pumpkin spice latte drinkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment