Sunday, May 6, 2012

Madison Bucket List: Episode 3, Revenge of the List

What do you think of that incredibly creative post title, 1980's Carrie Fisher?

Oh, Carrie. You flatter me.

Anyway, as the semester comes to a close I've been pretty busy, and it's going to get worse this next week. So I've been a little lax on my Madison Bucket List. But I have some new ones to share! They are... quite average activities.

Madison Bucket List


Day 13) Cupcake from Madison Sweets Cupcakes and More 


So I don't think that this cupcake store is actually a Madison staple, but I have never been there and it tempts me every time I walk to work.

Flavors from the left: "The favorite," Oreo and red velvet

They look delicious, right? RIGHT?! wrong. These cupcakes were not excellent. But that didn't stop my roommates and I from eating all three. That would have been a truly depressing scene to walk in on. Three girls stuffing their faces with frosting while quietly whimpering over the fact that the cupcakes are actually terrible. And then they pick up another cupcake.

Day 14) Get a flower from the Farmer's Market


The Madison Farmer's Market is awesome. But pretty much the only thing I ever buy there is cheesy bread and various scones.

One day I want to buy a nice gourd, perhaps some home-made noodles, or maybe those fancy mushrooms. That's when I'll know I'm at a financially stable point in my life. When I have enough money to spend it on decorative gourds. But that day is not today.

So I decided that I'll have to settle on some pretty flowers. The problem is that most of the flowers sold at the Farmer's Market have to be planted in the ground. And my only lawn space is claimed by the raccoons and the rabbits. They have their territory, we have ours. So I bought one singular tulip.


And I realized that this photo is super sad and pathetic so I Instagramed the crap out of it.


Ahhh yes. Much better. Much hipster-ier. After I did this I felt a lot like Britta from Community.



Day 15) Shuffleboard


Shuffleboard was a whole new concept to me. I think I'd vaguely heard of it before coming to Madison, but I'd definitely never played. It's like Cornhole/baggo/bags but it's on a table. And it's also kind of like air hockey. And curling, I suppose. I approve. So if anyone is too good at shuffleboard and you're looking for a terrible player to balance out the team... hit me up.

Day 16) Ultimate humiliation at the Bookstore


I have wanted to buy a particular Wisconsin quarter zip from the bookstore for about 4 years. And every time I go to get it, I'm thwarted. This time, I swore to myself that I would leave the bookstore with that quarter zip. Nope.

I stood there and went through about 40 quarter zips looking for my size, but it was not meant to be. The people who work there seemed very concerned for my mental stability because I spent a lot of time standing in a pile of strewn quarter-zips, getting visibly upset and muttering to myself.

Then I saw a guy that looks exactly like what my friend will look in 10 years. I spent about 5 minutes stalking him with my camera. When I followed him into the arts and crafts section he got a little suspicious because I was clearly not interested in buying giant paint easels. So I was forced to run away.

Day 17) Great Dane Chocolates




Beer-infused chocolates? Oh okay, if you insist. My personal favorite was the porter with a bunch of coffee flavoring in it. I'm not certain they're worth $10, but still good. And pretty.






Well thats it. I've pretty much run out of the easy items on my list. I'm going to have to start going out and doing things rather than just buying things and sometimes eating them. I'm nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment