Friday, January 27, 2012

First annual 30 Rock Drinking Game

BREAKING NEWS. Tina Fey has the guts to pose with a homeless man. Clearly I need to step it up. If we remember, I can't even walk past a homeless person without looking like an awkward fool.

Even though she looks like she's about to cry

Anyway, after I started re-watching 30 Rock from season 1 (for the 50th time) I realized something: It is ripe for a drinking game.

If you don't watch 30 Rock, you are [1] not going to understand this post and [2] you are also a miserable fool. You're missing out on a show where the lead actor takes time to pose with homeless people. So... take THAT, Parks & Rec! Just kidding. I'm sure Amy Poehler poses with plenty o' homeless people.

So do yourself a favor. Grab a beer (or a refreshing glass of lemonade), pull up episode 1 on Netflix, and enjoy...

THE 30 ROCK DRINKING GAME

Rules


Drink every time
1) There is a flashback to Liz Lemon's childhood/teenage years


That's a flashback of the "crazy times" Liz spent in Germany. Is that approximately how I spent my time in Belgium? Replace the word "sparrows" with the word "waffles" and you have exactly how I spent my time abroad.

2) Tina Fey gets a little nuder than you think she ever would
Rufus T. Barleysheath is kicking!


HAPPY 2012!!


I'm not saying that I considered that for a Halloween costume... but I'm also not NOT saying it. 

3) Drink for Devon Banks


Will Arnett is my reason for living. And I think this venn diagram explains why. 

4) Drink every time Jack insults Liz


Shoulders back, Lemon. You aren't greeting people to castle Frankenstein. 

5) Drink when Kenneth Parcell messes up instructions.

You and me both, buddy. 

This can refer to whenever Kenneth messes up an order that Jack or Liz gives him, causing them to call him a "mouth-breathing Appalachian" or perhaps an "apple-cheeked goon." 

OR it can refer to any time Kenneth tries to explain the rules of a game, and never can. Like when he tries to explain secret santa: "And then the person with the highest number gives the smallest gift to the tallest person. If they want to switch, they cannot! Unless they do! Then everyone puts their head down, except the murderer! Oh wait that's not right..."

Also, I now want to name a club: "House Parcell"

"And as the head of this tour... I'm going to have to deny your request"

6) Drink for every catchphrase. 

Examples of this include:

-Hornberger!

-"Good God, Lemon"
-"Blergh"
-"Nerds"
-"Lemon, out"

Annnnd that's about all I can think of right now. That's a lie I can think of so many more... but I think it's time to stop trolling the interwebs for GIFS where Liz Lemon gives birth to Meat Cat. 

Any suggestions from other 30 Rock fans?

Hannah, out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment