Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Squashtober Spice Countdown Day 1: Pumpkin Spice Milano Cookies


I had high hopes for this cookie. I mean not as high of hopes as I would if there were pumpkin spice pirouette cookies out there, somewhere.


Hold on one moment while I Google whether or not pumpkin spice Pirouettes exist...

..no.

What kind of a god would deprive me of pumpkin spice Pirouettes and leave me with this?!


The orange goo in the cookie seems to be the source of its pumpkin flavored power. However when I attempted to pry to cookie apart as one might pull two piece of an Oreo apart, it turned to disaster. The orange layer of pumpkin seems to have formed some sort of cohesive bond with the cookie that cannot be broken in any way.

Cold fusion, if you will. Or perhaps not, as I believe cold fusion has nothing to do with cookies being stuck together and everything to do with nuclear reactions.

Anyway, the cookie broke into a thousand crumbs that made me wish I had a dog to clean it up. Or at the very least, a cat with an affinity for biscuit-style cookies.

Overall thoughts: I ended up wishing that this had just been a normal Milano cookie. Pumpkin spice didn't improve anything, it basically just replaced the flavor you already love.
Grade: C+

** EDIT **
My Trivia team loved the cookies. Then again, they were drunk and didn't know which TV show from the 70s started with, "HEY YOU GUYYYYSS."

So perhaps not the best judges of taste. 

**FURTHER EDIT**
Uhh... Hello "Brown Butter Pumpkin Spice Milano Rice Krispy Treats." http://www.thesmartcookiecook.com/2014/08/27/brown-butter-pumpkin-spice-milano-rice-krispie-treats/


Don't mind if I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment