Thursday, October 30, 2014

Squashtober Spice Countdown Days 28, 29, 30: The Final Trader Joe's Haul

If you're looking to get a bunch of pumpkin crap from Trader Joe's go in the next few days. Because they have transferred all their pumpkin accouterments into one giant food rack and marked everything down. 



And might I suggest starting with:


These were less pumpkin-ish and more just... like Trader Joe's collected all the spices that go into a pumpkin pie, and put them in a cookie. But didn't add the pumpkin. Still pretty good.

Grade: A

Now who wants to try a pumpkin spice organic Pop-Tart?!

Well too bad because I managed to burn the most easy to prepare food in this universe.


In my defense, it's been 7 years since I've toasted a Pop-Tart. I think they must have changed the chemical composition so that it cooks faster.

I toasted another so that I wouldn't be unbiased, but I needn't have bothered. These were bad. Pretty flavorless, and the flavor that was there was bizarre. Plus super dry. Could have used my mom's secret Pop-Tart ingredient: butter spread along the unfrosted side.

Grade: D

And finally, we come to the pumpkin bread. Something that everyone has tried, I'm sure.


I have nothing ground-breaking to add here, except that the Trader Joe's brand is pretty good. Moist, yummy, etc. A little crumbly, though. Which is what lead to my slice of bread looking more like dog food. To dress it up, a smiley face was attempted. Scones were added. 


To no avail. 

Grade: B+

Overall Thoughts: Trader Joe's is a magical place. A place with enormous 98 cent bags of off-brand Cheetos and frozen naan. They do - unfortunately - judge your decisions to buy ten pumpkin-flavored items and also hot dogs. They don't like it when you buy hot dogs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment