Thursday, October 23, 2014

Squashtober Spice Countdown Day 16: Pumpkin Spice Creamer

No idea why it took me so long to get to pumpkin spice creamer. It's probably the most standard pumpkin spiced item of the season.


And yes, that's an owl mug. Ol' owly made it through 4 years of college with me. And anyone who went through 4 years of roommates knows that having the same mugs at the end of the year that you had at the beginning is quite a feat. I had to make an effort to make sure he always ended up packed in my kitchen supplies box at the end of every year.

Or rather, that he ended up in some Ikea bag that I threw all the odds and ends into at the end of the year.

Anyway, horror of horrors. The creamer has this freaking tin foil cover on it. Why did God himself create the plastic pull-tab if not to prevent the foil cap?


Well now I remember why it took me so long to get to the pumpkin spice creamer. Because everyone has already had it before! It tastes exactly how you think it's going to taste. Reminds you of fall, very nice comforting flavor.

Overall Thoughts: Some big wig up there in the corporate creamer-distribution world has decided to only sell pumpkin spice creamer in absurd sizes. The one I have here is the smallest I could find, by far. Otherwise they only come in those gigantic sizes that are usually reserved for the boring flavors that everyone likes. Hazelnut, French Vanilla, etc.

My current theory is that they know people will buy pumpkin spice creamer every year out of nostalgia, and they want to capitalize on their month of pumpkin-obsessed clientele. Make them buy in bulk.

Grade: A

The owl abides.

No comments:

Post a Comment