Thursday, October 23, 2014

Squashtober Spice Countdown Days 17, 18, 19, 20: All the Pumpkin Desserts

Trying to catch up, here. I went to Trader Joe's and discovered that they have ALL THE PUMPKIN. So get ready for a ton of Trader Joe's stuff coming up, here.

My dessert smorgasbord:

1) Trader Joe's Pumpkin Spice Salted Caramels
2) Trader Joe's pumpkin seed brittle
3) Jell - O Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake
4) Pumpkin Whipped Cream 

My personal favorite of the group? The brittle and the salted caramels. Both were saltier than you'd imagine, but still good.


And really, there's only one way to eat a pumpkin Jell-O cup, and that's with pumpkin whipped cream on top.


The whipped cream was good, the Jell - O was disgusting. They took the whole cheesecake thing too far. It tasted... sour. Somehow. However I would (and will) add that whipped cream to my coffee tomorrow because deep down, I am Leslie Knope.
 

Overall Thoughts: Why must all pumpkin items come in bulk? It's not a flavor that people usually want to gorge themselves on. You just want a little bit and then you're done. 

Unrelated note: If you want 3.5 uneaten pumpkin spice Jell - O pudding cups, just let me know. 

Grade (s): 
Whipped Cream: B+
Brittle: A
Caramels: B
Jell - O : D

No comments:

Post a Comment