Saturday, October 25, 2014

Squashtober Spice Countdown Day 23: ICE CREAM

I like to play it fast and loose when it comes to lactose sensitivity. Am I going to eat ice cream right before boarding a plane with no chance for escape and federal laws mandating that I not leave my seat? Probably not.

But do I risk a bowl of Pilgrim Joe's pumpkin ice cream from the safety of my own apartment and its proximity to a familiar bathroom?

 Obviously.

After searching high and low for an ice cream bowl that would be ideal for presenting this delicious treat, I remembered that I don't have any ice cream bowls, and instead I scooped it all into a mug.


And then I added pumpkin spice whipped cream.


Pretty freaking delicious. Ice cream is one of those things that isn't hurt by being pumpkin flavored. You don't find yourself wishing you were just eating the original flavor, because there isn't really an "original" flavor with ice cream.

Unless you are one of those people that gets into a huge line at an ice cream place just to order vanilla at the end. Which - why? And... ugh.

Overall Thoughts: "Pilgrim Joe's" - Is that a cutesy name for any and all food at Trader Joe's that could conceivably be eaten during autumn? Or maybe you would have to be able to consume it at Thanksgiving dinner for it to merit the name?
Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment