Monday, October 13, 2014

Squashtober Spice Countdown Day 11: Woodchuck Pumpkin Hard Cider

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to put the words together that describe this drink.

Woodchuck Pumpkin Hard Cider?
Woodchuck Hard Pumpkin Cider?
Woodchuck Hard Cider with Pumpkin?

Apparently Woodchuck gave up, too. They just threw the word "pumpkin" around the neck.


Whatever it's called, it has really cool packaging. Well done, Woodchuck Cider. You sucked in another 20-something girl with interesting packaging. This is exactly how I ended up with an extremely pretty version of "Crime and Punishment" which I never read and will never read and I'm now realizing is no longer in my possession.

But enough about required reading from an 11th grade english class. On to the cider! It tastes.... weird. It's supposed to be pumpkin flavored, but they seem to have forgone the usual pumpkin spices. No cinnamon, no nutmeg, no cumin. It's more fruity. Which probably has to do with the fact that it's cider.

Tastes a bit like they stumbled into a flavor that didn't taste like normal apple cider so they instead decided to say it was flavored like something else.

However, I've been assured that I'm wrong and that it tastes great. So says my boyfriend, anyway. Take from that what you will, because he's currently in the other room trying to teach himself to play bagpipes on a tinwhistle.

Overall Thoughts: Must remember that orange and black go well together. I wonder if there's a holiday that uses those colors?
Grade: B-

No comments:

Post a Comment