Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Squashtober Spice Countdown Day 6 & 7: Pumpkin Spice Candy Corn and Pumpkin Mousse

Yes, it's another twofer. Today my excuse is that I had to go to the DMV the first day it was open after a three day break. It destroyed my soul. My soul and my dignity. My soul and my dignity and my patience for 16-year-olds who listen to their music far too loud.

"Beats By Dre" are soundproof for WHOM, Dr. Dre? For WHOM? For YOU?! Not for everyone else in the DMV, I'll tell you that much.

But fear not. I have managed to scrounge up a couple of pumpkin spice items that I had no idea existed. I've never seen these in stores until this year, although maybe I'm just not looking.

First and firstmost, we have pumpkin spice Jell-O


Fairly straightforward. Tastes a bit like you're eating pumpkin pie filling. But THEN. You have a brilliant stroke of genius because you are a culinary genius and your wisdom knows no bounds. That, and the recipe is on the box: Pumpkin Mousse! With pecans!


It looks disgusting. It tastes pretty awesome. 

Overall Thoughts: Have a recipe that you could use it in? Go for it! But a giant vat of pumpkin flavored pudding is a little much. 
Grade: For pudding alone? B. For mousse? A-
Thoughts on price of pecans: LUDICROUS.

Up next we have my least favorite candy and possibly least favorite food in the world:


... Candy corn. The devil's candy. Tastes nothing like candy and looks nothing like corn. 

Have you seen Lewis Black's stand-up on candy corn? If not, watch this video. You should start about 40 seconds in. I don't know what the first part is all about. 


Unsurprisingly, I did not like pumpkin spice candy corn. However, I had my mom try it (she loves candy corn) and she concurred. It's just not good. If you like candy corn (WHY?) then just get then normal stuff. 

Overall thoughts: Absolutely not. 
Grade: D, because my mom said it wasn't the worst. I'm not sure what is the worst. We'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment