Sunday, October 5, 2014

Squashtober Spice Countdown Days 4 & 5: Pumpkin Spice Oreos and Pumpkin Spice Bread

Well I fell a day behind. In my defense, I had to move yesterday. And also there are a LOT of unwatched episodes of Gilmore Girls in this world, and I feel that I can't be blamed for watching every single one of them in the course of one week.

Tell them how it is, Liz Lemon.


So let's get a couple of pumpkin items in one post. First, Pumpkin Spice Oreos.


I had a LOT of hesitation about these. They didn't sound appetizing to me at all. I didn't see why Oreo would mess with perfection. Just dye the cream filling orange and call it a day, like they usually do.

However, I was pleasantly surprised. Quite delicious. Certainly worth adding to your repertoire once a year when you're feeling particularly autumnal.

Overall Thoughts: This is the first thing I've tried so far that has enough pumpkin taste to merit being called "pumpkin spice" and doesn't go overboard with it.
Grade: A

Okay, now for the pumpkin spice bread.


I figured you can't really go wrong with pumpkin spice bread. It's basically just cinnamon bread. And I was right! Worth buying, will taste exactly like you think it will.

But the real question is: Will dogs eat it?

The fearless leader surveys the sacrifice you offer her.


"Is it poisonous?" She wonders, trying to determine if the humans would attempt a coup d'état.


And ultimately deciding that the pumpkin aroma is too alluring. She must taste the bread. Even if she risks outright rebellion.


Overall Thoughts: Not poisonous to dogs. Also not poisonous to humans. If anyone was curious.
Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment